Monday, June 15, 2009

Dalwhinnie to Pitlochry

28 miles (45km)

Mostly downhill or flat but raining all the way we made pretty quick work of the trip to Pitlochry, we left the Highlands and entered the region of lochs and glens we'll follow through for the next week or so. Beautiful riding in-spite of the rain, but no pictures as a result.

Pitlochry itself is a little bit disappointing, super touristy, but the kind of crap and cheesy touristy, rather than the good with lots of tempting places to spend your money touristy. We're here for a few days though and there are quite a few interesting things to do around the place, some day rides and a bit of walking too. Plus a great looking indian place that does a 3 course lunchtime special ... score ! Honestly I'm not sure why we don't eat indian in AU all the time, it's just not as good as here I think.

PS: Bron/Mike I added the map at the top today just for you.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Oh I love the new look blog. Because now I can read it! Dang black backgrounds... map also helpful for ME, as I'm geographically challenged.

Unknown said...

Map is good thanks. Now I know where you are I can send the winged monkeys.

New suggestion. Can you make it so when I click on a place (dot) it takes me to the post about there? Same thing with the Orange travel lines and descriptions of riding between places. Remember technology is help lazy people get away with being lazy, while still being edutained.

James said...

Mike: No.

Alexandra said...

Glad you like the new look, Gina. I like the map, but am not convinced yet about the white!