Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two open letters

Dear people in charge of UK roads

Today I rode along the edge of Kilburn Moor. In the space of a mile or so, I went down a 16% gradient - and then immediately went back up, also at 16%.

Take my advice: get out your nice earth-moving equipment, chop the top off some of the hills on the moor- trust me, no one will notice- and Fill In the Damn Valley.

Sincerely Alex and her aching quads



Dear walkers on the Whitby-Scarborough trail on the bank holiday weekend

Hiya! Wasn't it amazing weather on the weekend? And the trail is really quite awesome too, isn't it? It was great to see you out enjoying the sun and listening to the birds and even spending time with family.

One thing I would like to say, though. If I have politely called out to let you know I am coming- and which side I'm on, even- please do not a) continue to walk four abreast, completely blocking my path, or b) suddenly change the side of the path you are on.

I have more momentum, more determination, and more bloody-mindedness than you. I will win.

(Except perhaps for you, sirs, the morbidly obese gentlemen. You I may just bounce off.)

Best wishes,
Alex and 30+kg of bike

0 comments: