Friday, May 15, 2009

Day two

I started the day with something of an anxiety attack: nausea, and generally feeling rather icky. I know that's what it was, because it's happened to me once before, on the second day of our trial trip to Daylesford. It was odd, happening today; I knew the trip to Selby was going to be basically flat, and what worried me last time was the hills. Anyway; I could barely choke down cornflakes and toast, which was an utter tragedy since I could have had French toast with berry compote! Talking to my mum briefly helped a little; then, as soon as we were outside on the bikes, I felt just fine. Being out of our sauna-like room probably also contributed.

A long day, but overall quite good; saw a nuclear power station and a squirrel, and heard a cuckoo! (It's the small things...) Also, Maggi noodles have never tasted as good as they did in that bus shelter.

Generic motel room in Selby tonight; very much looking forward to seeing York tomorrow. And Pluto along the way, as long as some bugger hasn't knocked it over.

4 comments:

Justin Denholm said...

Hope you're feeling better now - panic attacks are crap. I always found hot, stuffy rooms to be 'anxio-genic', especially when cool outside.

Put the French toast in the 'I deserve this later' basket - I'm sure there will be mornings where you two need to go and eat gourmet food in your soggy gear before braving the elements!

Alexandra said...

Yes, I'm sure the hot and stuffy room was no help at all.

I had lemon curd on a croissant this morning; that's making up for the French toast, a bit.

Kat said...

Poor Alex. I hate it when that happens, it's icky. But lemon curd is fabulous, isn't it?

Alexandra said...

Lemon curd is a wonderful, wonderful gift from God. I loves it precious, yes.