Saturday, May 9, 2009

Eating and viewing my way to Manchester

Singapore Airlines has the greatest food in the air business, in my vast experience, and I am not ashamed to admit that I enjoyed every single meal on this trip. (That bit of chilli I accidentally ate and burnt my mouth so badly I downed a water and two things of milk in 30 secs notwithstanding.) Went the Asian option each time; probably the highlight was the pork dumplings and noodles for breakfast. The chocolate Cornetto was also a treat..

Don't know what people did before on-demand entertainment on long haul flights. Madagascar 1&2 and Top Gear saved my sanity. Defiance was also excellent.

At any rate, it's now early in the morning (not late afternoon, stupid body!) and we're waiting to catch the train the Sheffield, where family will pick us up. Hello, UK.

5 comments:

Gina said...

Oooh! You're in another country!

Alexandra said...

Yes, and it is FREAKing me out. They all have funny accents!!

Kat said...

You're amazing... I never would have braved a Cornetto on a plane! I'm so jealous you got to see Madagascar 2.

Alexandra said...

The good thing about a cornetto is it's an ice CREAM, not an ice BLOCK, so there was no chance of a Kim-incident. Unless you're implying they would taste awful...
Mad #2 was fairly funny.

WarrenL said...

Good to see you made it (and your owners as well). I hope they treat you well over there and invest in some decent tools.

Have fun.

I promise to take Dave for a ride occasionally.