Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thank yous, acceptance speech, etc

Dear Mum
I hope you can sleep better now that we're not on our bikes riding around like crazy things.

Dear Justin
I hope you have stopped frantically refreshing this blog now that we have indeed completed our circuit.

Dear Gillian
I'm not sure whether this trip will have turned me into a 'real' cyclist. I still hate the idea of riding a road bike, I hate drafting, and I think Argo on Beach Rd with all those nutters would be... interesting.

Dear Dave
Although we've stopped riding, I'm going to make James come running with me now. So I hope you're upping your training for the Degani.

Dear Kate, Tansy, and everyone else who thought this was a nutty idea
I hope you're happy now that we've stopped riding and are back to being slightly more sensibly tourists.

Dear Tansy (again)
Thanks (again) for setting up the LiveJournal feed for us. I'm sure the seven subscribers appreciated it ;)

Dear Bron (and Mike)
Does the map make you happy? Turns out it was a very good idea after all! :D

Dear Kathryn
You did such a good job giving us ideas for Edinburgh, got any suggestions for London?

Dear Kim
Sorry we haven't given you any more opportunities for snarky comments. I do hope Tennant F Creek is treating you well.

Dear Wilski (and Gina)
We'll be home soon(ish) for pizza and brewskis. Promise.

Dear everyone who read but did not comment
...

2 comments:

Gina said...

Congratulations. I feel slightly sad... will have to stop living vicariously through your travels. And happy, because of aforementioned pizza and brewski!

David Baker said...

Running is a good way to ruin cycling legs.